200 Hour Teacher Training Certification Program:
“Dragon Spirit Yoga: Vinyasa Fusion Flow”…
the Art of Meditative Posture & Mindful Movement!
Enhance your overall understanding as we dive deep to reveal the “yogic” mysteries! Embracing the mind, spirit & body of your own practice while engaging in the self development required in the art of becoming a distinctive teacher of the meditative postures and mindful movements aligned with this innovative style known as “Vinyasa Fusion Flow”!
This teacher training program is designed for those who want to teach the Yogic Arts as well as those who want to go deeper into learning more about one’s own process and practice. The 200-hour training is structured so participants will receive personal support and guidance on their journey while examining safe posture alignment and standards of practice that help to avoid most typical injuries. At the same time, trainees will enjoy the artistic freedom that comes with engaging themselves in the process of developing creative movement sequences that encompass what it means to “find your Flow” in the dance of yoga. It will enrich your perception of “what is Yoga” with an exploration that ranges from Philosophy and Ethics, Alignment and Adjustments to the practical application regarding the Business side of Yoga. Guest teachers will join us to offer insights and perspectives designed to provide a well-rounded exposure and an integrated approach to teaching. The training will focus mainly on providing trainees with the capability to skillfully teach dynamic Vinyasa/Flow (“Yang”) style classes while also getting them acquainted with how to incorporate components of a more restorative Asana/still posture (“Yin”) style into classes. Though concentration is placed on the balanced “Flow” between the “Yin/Yang” aspects of “Vinyasa/Flow,” the instruction also includes a “Fusion” of postures/stances derived from the martial arts of “Kung-fu” and Tai Chi with the internal energy cultivation techniques of “Chi-kung.” This one of a kind program culminates with the trainees gaining a balanced and holistic approach to the art of teaching Yoga!
- Analytical training & guided instruction (how to teach the practice techniques & how to practice the actual techniques of Yin Asana & Yang Vinyasa styles of Yoga.
- Comprehensive posture practice(standing postures, balancing poses, arm balances, inversions, backbends, twists, seated poses, hip openers and forward bends).
- Proficient posture sequencing strategies(including various lesson plans & class outlines for beginner, all levels, intermediate & advanced groups).
- Demystify, develop and strengthen your own home practice (continuing to improve as a student is considered an effective way to keep your teaching practice current & inspired).
- Supportive verbal cues and non-invasive physical adjustments (being sure of yourself & maintaining an unambiguous style of teaching).
- Modified postures (Learn to adjust and alter poses to suit different bodies).
- Ayurveda & Taoist energy systems (major/minor chakras, Yin/Yang meridians, acupressure points & corresponding centers)
- Finding inner/outer voice (chanting, mantra & meditation including techniques for scanning the body, guided visualization & directing the flow of energy in practice)
- Teaching methodology sessions (lectures & discussions on developing communication skills, working w/ individuals/specific populations, demonstration principals, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the business of yoga, learning practice, observation, assisting, partnering & hands-on adjustments)
- Universal principals of anatomy & physiology (bodily/organs systems & energetic systems such as chakras/nadis & etc., applying the study to alignment, benefits, contradictions, movement patterns w/ relevance to a variety of poses).
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle & ethics (study of the simple wisdom of Ayurveda & Taoism, history and philosophy of yoga and relevance to the modern day, discussion on diets & daily practices, the integrity of a teacher involving teacher-student relationships within larger community & the value of teaching as a service/being in service to others)
- Expanding on essential yogic philosophies (creating a structure to weave themes in to your class for students to become more perceptive & gain greater insights).
- Course Manual (with accompanying posture flow sequences, anatomy handouts & articles of interest, etc. Books on the Reading List are NOT INCLUDED in cost & must be acquired for the program)
- Inversion immersion (Teaching healthy progressions that facilitate safely, from brand new beginners to advanced practitioners)
- Therapeutics (use the science of yoga/qi-gong to align with the higher self, listening to instincts, focus on healing common aches and pains in the physical body)
- Common injuries (how to avoid common mistakes, while empowering yourself/students to promotes radiant health through practice)
- DEPOSIT OF $600 to hold a spot for your mat (NON-REFUNDABLE) DUE ASAP
- PAY IN-FULL DISCOUNT UNTIL September 2nd, 2016: $2,600 ( DEAL on Immersion & Teacher Training)
- PAY IN-FULL by October 28th, 2016: $2,800 (SWEET option if you want to start with Immersion & then decide to continue on to Teacher Training Intensive)
- PAYMENT PLAN: $3,000 (after required deposit/ 4-5 payments to fit your budget)
2017 Weekend Immersion Dates/Times:
2017:January 7th -29th
- Saturdays & Sundays (Dates/Times TBA)
2017 Teacher Training Intensive Dates/Times:
February-April on Saturdays & Sundays (Dates/Times TBA)
to apply for attendance in the Immersion and/or Teacher Training please contact the DSA lead trainer Gabrielle de Burke for application!
About the Lead Instructor:
Gabrielle de Burke is a very experienced healing arts practitioner and certified instructor of Taoist and Vinyasa Yoga (E-RYT) and Radiant Lotus Women’s Qi-gong (among many other studies that influence her teaching style including; Tai Chi Chuan, Animal Kung-fu, Capoeria, etc.). Her 18 years of practice in the Vedic and Taoist martial/internal arts have greatly shaped her work as a teacher over the past 15+ years. She shares her expertise to help others find the path toward the art of practice in their own way. Gabrielle’s work as a practitioner and instructor continually intersects with her work as an inter-disciplinary performance artist through the incorporation of internal/martial arts in combination with original dance/movement arts, spoken word/poetry, voice, theater and music presentation!
“I had the privilege of being a participant in Gabrielle’s 50 hour immersion (Fall 2015)… I have gained a better understanding of the relationship between anatomy/physiology and yoga, and have a better appreciation for taking care of my body, avoiding injury and growing comfortable with my limitations. Gabrielle is highly ethical, fun, spirited and energetic. Her knowledge of the body, yoga, medicine, the ethics and philosophies of the practice are invaluable. I can’t wait to continue training with Gabrielle…”
“Gabrielle has a deep understanding of the body and how yoga practice transforms into our own spirit of movement. She brings years of knowledge and experience to her teaching, leading classes that are well paced and peaceful.”
~Patricia Haddad (Musician/Performer/Arts Educator)
“Gabrielle’s warm and unique style creates a welcoming, inspiring environment in any given quarters. Her flowing, grounded approach makes for a really fun way to get connected with oneself and ones environment. The comfort she provides by simply being herself helps make self-exploration a treat no matter where one is on their path; she truly keeps it real, and her classes are a delight.”
~Angela Armour (Massage Therapist/Hoop Dance Instructor)
“Gabrielle is an extraordinary teacher. I did not think yoga was ‘for me’ until I took one of her classes. She seems to intuitively know what each student needs and structures the class so that both group and individual needs are met. Not only did I find peace and tranquility when taking her classes, but my body opened up and healed itself. Chronic pain from old injuries melted away.”
~Charlotte Hummel (Attorney At Law)
“Gabrielle’s yoga style is a wonderful blend of restorative, relaxation, & rejuvenation. She gives you a great stretch without you even realizing it. She has a particular gift for modifying postures in a progression that meets the needs of everyone in the class.”
~Jane Sanders Miller
(Massage Therapist/Esthetician/Research Editor)
“Gabrielle has a vast array of techniques and skills which she brings to the teaching and practice of yoga: sound understanding of anatomy and its application and adaptations to safe body movement, Capoeira (Brazilian Martial Arts), T’ai Chi Chuan, Qi Gong, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga and Yin Yoga, meditation, dance, theater. On the mat she guides students into expanded ways of moving (and using ever more and different muscles) by incorporating the cat like movement and subtle balance awareness of the martial arts into traditional yoga sequences. Combining astute vision and body mechanics she explained, demonstrated and corrected alignment of our poses…Throughout the entire intensive we were engaged in the process of deepening our practice, stretching our skills and attitudes, and even finding ways to move through perceived limitations into new levels of freedom and understanding. It was fun and inspiring. In a blink I would take the class again, knowing that Gabrielle would bring new insights, expanded subject matter, plus new challenges to stretch our concepts, bodies and practice.”
~Helene Von Rosenstiel